Webcollage is the leading cloud-based platform for managing and publishing rich product information. Webcollage provides brands with the tools they need to deliver consistent content—from rich product detail to product selectors and Q&A and product ratings—to power online sales conversions and improve the customer experience.
We are looking for outstanding, experienced and passionate Java team leader to join our technology team developing an innovative SaaS (software-as-a-service) web-based software product.
The product — utilized by the World’s leading manufacturers and retailers (e.g., Microsoft, Amazon, Best Buy, L’Oreal) — connects manufacturers and retailers. It lets manufacturers assemble and distribute product information, and lets retailers select, customize and consume the information.
The product is developed in Java (Spring/Hibernate). The position is intended for an experienced hands-on team leader interested in server-side web-application development using modern technologies and methodologies.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Leading designing, coding, testing, debugging, configuring, and documenting software modules
- Hands On Development of SW modules
- Applying generally accepted programming standards and techniques to assure efficient program logic and data manipulation
- Supporting product deployment and enhance the quality of software modules by monitoring, analysis and debugging
- Consulting with other engineering staff to evaluate interface between various software modules and to provide visibility
- Communicating regularly or as needed on progress of work products, deliverables, overall project status and software related specifications
- At least 5 years’ experience HTML, JS and CSS.
- Must have - Ajax, jQuery, jQuery UI.
- Familiarity with frameworks like Bootstarp, LESS and flight.js is an advantage.
- Strong command of web standards, progressive enhancement and cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience in building complex, Java-based, Web applications
- Experience with common Java FW such as Spring/Hibernate
- Experience with relational Databases (preferably Oracle), and NOSQL datastores (preferably Cassandra)
- Leading development in Agile environments, such as Scrum/Kanban
- Team player, strong sense of urgency attitude, creative with good communication skills
- Awareness and appreciation of quality-driven development including unit testing and component testing
- Self-starter with strong self-management skills
- Ability to work in a focused environment, plan and execute project goals
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field / equivalent military or industry experience
- Knowledge of one or more of the following fields:
- Java Servlets & JSPs
- Application servers & Web Servers
- Client side (browser) development, jQuery & YUI
- Build management systems like Ant, Maven or Gradle
We will consider strong and motivated candidates who do not meet some of the above requirements.